How to Recolor Images and Photos on Gimp: NO PHOTOSHOP NEEDED

Hi Blog Reader,

You'll come to find, I do not use Photoshop. I'm not against, I'm cheap and I just can't bring myself to pay for such as expensive tool that is not user-friend and most of its usefullness can be found for free. And here's a perfect example...

Recoloring images or photos.

This can  be done for free with a nifty tool called GIMP. Maybe you found or bought digital images, scrapbook kits, paper, etc. that would be great if only it would  match your photos. And I'm kicking myself now, but I've had GIMP for awhile and never knew that I could do this, yeah! I stumbled across an article that mentioned they used GIMP to recolor an image (without explaination), so I tried it myself and after fumbling around figured it out. Well, I should have searched because there are some great resources. But I only discovered these when I literially said out load, this awesomeness must be shared (and I'm too lazy to try to explain the steps).

Long story... here are some great resource step-by-step instructions for you to consider:
I like this first link because this is what I've been doing and have ultimately found I love the "SELECT BY COLOR."
This link taught me how to color photos, blows my mind. That I really don't need Photoshop because I how spent many hours talking myself in and out of buying it. I always figured the image recoloring could be done, even Paint is a very simple, free (clunky) tool that allows for recoloring... but recoloring photos for FREE... mind blowing.

I tell ya, I learn something new everyday:)
I hope you learned something that could help you design too.

Thanks for visiting!

All the best,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the information. It's very helpful and much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete